|Home > The Learn To Relax Program
The Learn to Relax program
The Learn to Relax program is a unique, learn-at-home stress-reduction program based on mindfulness and deep-relaxation. This six-week program gives you reliable tools to relax your body, calm your mind and feel more in control of your health and wellbeing.
How does the program work?
Learn to Relax is based on the simple fact that it is impossible to feel stressed and relaxed at the same time. Many of us have become so used to feeling tense, worried and 'on-the-go' that we have forgotten how to rest, recharge and revitalise ourselves. Learn to Relax reverses this trend by helping you to re-discover, and activate, your body's natural relaxation response.
The program also enables you to experience greater peace of mind through the practice of mindfulness. Mindfulness is the practice of paying attention to what is happening within and around you, rather than being lost in the chatter of your thoughts. You'll learn how to integrate mindfulness into your everyday life so that you can remain focused and balanced in even the most challenging situations.
What will I learn?
You will learn clinically proven techniques to:
- gain control of your nervous system - to voluntarily turn off your 'fight or flight' stress response
- activate your body's innate healing potential - to become more resilient to stress
- harness your mind - to become less reactive to unhelpul thoughts and emotions, and
- increase your vitality and performance - to get more out of your day.
Read what our clients have to say
Who is Learn to Relax for?
The program is suitable for those seeking natural relief from everyday stress symptoms including headaches, worry, irritability, fatigue, high blood pressure and sleeping difficulties. Learn to Relax is also effective for those with more serious health conditions such as anxiety and panic, depression, heart disease, digestive and immune disorders, and chronic pain.
The program also helps to enhance concentration and creativity, build resilience and improve personal and workplace performance. Learn to Relax complements medical and psychological treatment, and actively engages you in your own health and wellbeing.
What does the program involve?
Learn to Relax is a highly structured, six-week program of experiential learning that includes:
- deep-relaxation training including body awareness, breath-work and meditation practices
- mindfulness-based strategies for increasing self-awareness and letting go of your thoughts
- strategies for building stress-reduction techniques into your everyday life, and
- a comprehensive program manual and six audio CDs.
The program is also available in digital format as an online download
Click here to read more about the Learn to Relax workbook and CD package
Read more about the program authors
Did you know?
Our clients report increased resilience to stress and anxiety, an elevation in mood and better sleep.
ph: 1300 258 188